I've spent the past few days rewatching all of the past winners performances, and here's what I came up with.
14. Kevin Skinner- Had a really good audition singing "If Tomorrow Never Comes". One of the most emotional auditions I have ever seen, and it shows in his singing. However, all of his other performances were not very good. It's a disgrace that he won over Barbara Padilla. I don't think he'd even make it to the live shows nowadays.
13. Kodi Lee- I give him props for being able to play the piano while blind. For his autism, I don't really see this as being a barrier to his talent which I think a lot of people fell for. He's got a pretty good voice but nothing special.
12. Olate Dogs- I remember watching Olate Dogs back in season 7 rooting for them to win the whole thing. I was especially impressed by the dog that did backflips, which is truly unbelievable. But after rewatching them it seemed like they kept doing the same few tricks week after week.
11. Neal E. Boyd- I think everyone fell in love with Neal back in season 3. His emotions and powerful voice made him such a lovable guy. He had a really nice voice, and man oh man when he went for those high notes he blew everyone away.
10. Mat Franco- I was so happy to see a magician finally win back in season 9. Mat had such a likeable personality and had superb showmanship. Some of his performances blew everyone away while others were a bit boring, but still impressive.
9. Bianca Ryan- I didn't watch the first season of AGT when it originally aired, so I hadn't heard of her until AGT The Champions. She had one of the most powerful voices I have ever seen come out of an 11 year old. She only had 3 performances to showcase her talent and didn't always choose the right song. Her audition was definitely her best performance, where she sang "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going".
8. Grace VanderWaal- America fell in love with Grace back in season 11 (well some of America that is). Grace has such a unique voice that people argue over whether she's even that good of a singer. Grace is more than a singer though as she sang all original songs. Her vocals ]weren't always spot on and her voice cracked a lot, but some of that worked in her favor as it went along with the uniqueness of her songs.
7. Paul Zerdin- Paul is much different than the other ventriloquist winners. He doesn't sing, he doesn't do impersonations, he doesn't have many variations in his voices, but man is he funny! I honestly think he's funnier than the majority of the comedians on the show. He very well might be the most entertaining contestant to ever appear on AGT.
6. Landua Eugene Murphy Jr.- Landua stunned everyone with his Frank Sinatra voice back in season 6. He's one of the most improved winners ever on the show. His final performance, singing "My Way" was one of the best singing performances I have ever heard on AGT. I'd even go so far to say that it was just as good or even slightly better than Frank Sinatra himself! Landua was also extremely likeable and was my favorite personality wise out of all the winners.
5. Michael Grimm- Michael Grimm was another contestant who showed tremendous improvement throughout his time on the show. He had such a unique and soulful voice and looked like he was having so much fun up there on stage (well his final few performances that is). I don't know much about soul but he seemed to sing to perfection, which is why I have him listed as the best singer out of the winners.
4. Kenichi Ebina- This dance-ish performer really knew how take people on a journey. Some of his moves seemed impossible, which made the audience go completely nuts. Kenichi was so talented in so many different ways, displaying talent as a dancer, a mime, a video producer, and an all around entertainer. Kenichi is my favorite act of all times.
3. Darci Lynne- Darci had to have been the most talented 12-year old on the planet when she auditioned back in season 12. She could tell a story with a single puppet and engage her performances with the judges. The most impressive thing is how she can sing just as well as the other singers in the competition, with her mouth closed!
2. Shin Lim- WOW! Shin Lim could leave everyone in the audience completely speechless with absolutely insane sleight of hand. I don't remember paying much attention to him back in season 13 and was shocked to see him win over Zurcaroh. After rewatching his performances, I understand why he won. I still want to know how he made that sharpie disappear!
Terry Fator- I was really torn between Shin and Terry, as both are so insanely talented. What sets him apart from Shin is his many different talents. Terry is so much more than a ventriloquist, but a singer, a comedian, an impersonator, and an incredible entertainer. The fact that he can impersonate a singing Kermit the Frog with his mouth closed just goes to show how talented he really is. His audition was also very impressive as he did an impersonation of Etta James using one of his puppets.