Julianne and her brother Derek are best known for being professional dancers on the ABC series Dancing with the Stars for five seasons and winning two consecutive Mirroball Trophies, and was one of the permanent judges for three seasons. She has also branched into acting, her most notable roles include Sherrie in the 2012 film adaptation of the musical Rock of Ages and Sandy in the 2016 live adaptation of Grease.
Aside from acting and dancing, she has released 2 albums as a singer, her self-titled debut reached #1 on the Billboard country chart in 2008. Her new single, "Transform", was released in 2019 - her first solo recording in over a decade.
She has been married to Canadian hockey player Brooks Laich since 2017.
- Of all the judges, Julianne Hough is currently tied with Gabrielle Union and Brandy Norwood to judge the least amount of seasons: only one.
- She's the only judge who does not have children.
- She and Gabrielle Union are the only judges so far to never press their buzzer after the auditions.
- First act to vote "Yes" to: Greg Morton
- First act to vote "No" to: Andy Pigkens
- First act to buzz: Andy Pigkens*
- Golden Buzzer Acts: Luke Islam (14)