|Occupation||Broadcaster, Journalist, Writer, TV Personality|
|Seasons||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10|
Piers Morgan has been called by some the "other Simon Cowell." Indeed, his role on America's Got Talent is to provide brutally honest (and often moderately rude) critiques of the acts which appear.
Typically, if any of the judges buzz an act, Piers will be the first to do so. Juggling acts are an example of this, with Piers having only 'one rule' - If they drop something, he will buzz them. Even so, he also will often give the most confident praise of an act if he thought it was good.
Like all of the judges, his statements are merely just opinions. Piers buzzed the most out of any judge during the Live Shows. More often than not, acts which receive an X from Piers in the live shows will not move on to the next round though there are some exceptions, namely Season 6's Steven Retchless.
Piers was the Guest Judge of the final Judge Cuts of Season 10.
As a journalist and TV Personality, Morgan has a prolific TV career. In Britain, he has hosted several shows on topics ranging from the dangers of fame, various world locations/cultures, and the life stories of certain individuals. Additionally, he was one of the original judges for Britain's Got Talent, but left the judging table in 2011.
In the United States, Piers was the winner of the first Celebrity edition of The Apprentice. Additionally, he hosted his own CNN interview show, Piers Morgan Tonight. The show aired in the 9PM timeslot on the East Coast, and in fact, competed with America's Got Talent when both shows were running. The show usually consisted of pre-taped interviews, though Morgan would occasionally host live episodes as well. The series was also broadcast several times a day on CNN International.
- Piers was the longest-lasting Season 1 cast member, staying until Season 6.
- Piers is the only judge to become a guest judge after judging a few seasons of the show.
- Piers has to date the most red buzzers out of any judge.
- First act to vote "Yes" to: Bobby Badfingers
- First act to buzz: Dave "The Horn Guy" Ewns
- First act to vote "No" to: Dave "The Horn Guy" Ewns
- Golden Buzzer: Siro-A (10)
- Piers was the first male judge on America's Got Talent.